[ale] Desktop Rover...

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 26 06:54:33 EST 2001

Charles Shapiro wrote:

> Does anyone have a Plantraco Desktop Rover (http://plantraco.com)  with
> computer interface which I can borrow?
>
> Mine arrived broken and is now wending its way back through Canadian
> customs. But in the meantime I've made significant progress hacking the
> control software. If I can find a working rover, I'm ready to start
> writing perl code to control it through the computer interface.  You
> share could be some glory and possibly some homebrew.

I don't have one, but I'm curious whether these things
would make a good basis for robotics projects. It looks
like they're strictly R/C, and that if you want to have
sensors you'd have to put together your own controller
board with a separate radio link to get data back.
Is that the case?

Cheers,

-- Joe
# "This torch I bear is scorching me; Buffy's
   laughing, I've no doubt! I hope she fries,
   I'm free if that bitch dies... I'd better
   help her out." -- Spike, OMWF, BtVS