[ale] opinion on Bellsouth DSL modems

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 18:30:01 EST 2001

Getting ready to sign up for Bellsouth's DSL service,
and am considering the following two modem options:

Internal PCI modem
External Ethernet modem

I know quite a few ale'rs use Bellsouth DSL.  Could
someone pass along their experiences with either of
these modems?  Are both Linux compatible?

I'd probably prefer the external modem for ease of
transport between machines, but am not sure how it
interfaces with the machine.  Bellsouth doesn't
provide this info.  I want to avoid USB because the
machine I'll most likely use as a firewall has no USB
ports.

Finally, in general, are you pleased with Bellsouth's
service?

Thanks in advance,
John

John