[ale] mass deployment

Steve Long stl2 at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 16 16:35:19 EST 2001

I have used Ghost for a few years now with Win9x and it has worked very
well.

I have a boot disk that accesses the network and I have Ghost and the image
file on the network.

It works best if you have an image tweaked out exactly how you want it to be
and as long as the pattern system is the same as the duplicates.

It will work on a CD but not as well.   You can even use it on a system
similar enough to boot as long as it is not too different.  I don't know
about an NT network, but on a Novell network you can have several systems

I assume it is the same.

All you have to do is boot using the network disk, login, run Ghost from the
network location and save the image as a file.

It's very easy, we set up 30 brand new systems in less than a day.

The biggest problem is that if you miss a program or setting when creating
the image, you have to adjust every copy after you load the image.
So spend a lot of time getting the image right before you make the drive
image!!!