[ale] Oracle 9i

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 15 06:40:57 EST 2001

Has anyone installed Oracle 9i on Linux? I am having all
kinds of problems, the latest being that the installer
application crashes with a segmentation fault. This machine
is rock-solid and compiles kernels and glibcs successfully
on a fairly regular basis, so I don't think I have any
bad memory. Though of course there's room for doubt. I'm
running kernel 2.4.5, not 2.4.4 as called for in the
release notes, so I'm going to downgrade and see if
that helps, but any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Joe
# "You know how many remote castles there are along the
#  gorges? You can't MOVE for remote castles!" - Lu Tze re. Uberwald
# (Obsolete) Linux MM docs:
http://home.earthlink.net/~jknapka/linux-mm/vmoutline.html