[ale] compile environment problem

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Nov 12 20:57:41 EST 2001

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile the gnucash 1.6.x. It gets as far as:
In file included from gnc.c:37:
../gnome/print-session.h:35:46: libgnomeprint/gnome-print-dialog.h: No
such file or directory
../gnome/print-session.h:36:46: libgnomeprint/gnome-print-master.h: No
such file or directory
../gnome/print-session.h:37:54:
libgnomeprint/gnome-print-master-preview.h: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [gnc.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/gnucash-1.6.0/src/guile'

Now, the headers it is looking for are there. They are called in as:
#include <libgnomeprint/gnome-printer-dialog.h>

(This is what I get for testing all the new stuff the Ximian monkeys)

Where is the include directory path supposed to be defined?  At the
begining of the source there is a definition for GNOME_PRINT_CFLAGS that
has the path listed to the libgnomeprint location. How does the compiler
get that directive? It's not an exported variable, but then neither are
any of the others and they work. Or they are not exported in a way I
understand.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

 PGP signature