[ale] vgetty

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Nov 7 09:40:49 EST 2001

Jason Lynn wrote:

> I'm trying to get Caller ID to work with vgetty.  I can see that "CID=0" in
> my modem initialization (ati4), but I cannot figure out how to change
> vgetty's init string (wherever that may be).  If anyone could help me out
> that has done this before, I would very much appreciate it.

I don't use vgetty, but I use mgetty.  If you want to change to mgetty,
let me know and I'll tell you how to get it to work.  mgetty has a
configuration file under /etc/mgetty+sendfax, vgetty might have
something similar...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport