[ale] Re: [ale-admin] New User.

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Nov 7 07:53:26 EST 2001

You should find all the help you need here.  As Larry has offered
assistance, so do I.  Moving forward, you'll want to post to the group
list (ale at ale.org) rather than to the admin (ale-admin at ale.org).

Although an install fest is the perfect solution, you can get assistance
via the list sufficiently to get things going as well as address
problems you might have in the future.

I'd suggest you provide the specifics of your hardware and the
distribution you're attempting to install so that others might assist.

There are a number of excellent web sites that provide extensive
documentation as well.  Start with http://www.linuxdoc.org .  Do your
homework first, then when you're stumped, post to the list.  Folks here
are willing to assist, but there is an expectation that you do some
upfront research.  It sounds as though you've made some attempts
already, so you're moving in the right direction.

Welcome.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport