[ale] Complex Parsing

Benjamin Dixon beatle at arches.uga.edu
Mon Nov 5 20:14:46 EST 2001

Not that I'm an expert in the field of parsing by any means, but I've done
enough compiler and database work to know it can get very complicated very
quickly. What exactly is the scope of this program? Are you planning on
having tons of different "plain language" commands? If so, you might want
to look into a scanner/parser setup. Something like lex and yacc... or
these days I guess flex and bison. Depending on the complexity, lifespan,
and future plans for enhancements to the program, it'd probably be a good
choice.

Ben