[ale] Speaking of RedHat 7.2

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Nov 1 08:38:56 EST 2001

I received a nice little email from RedHat banning my sale of RedHat 7.2
CD's on Ebay.  This is understandable after a look at their policy.  I just
need to add a disclaimer to the listing.  This has never been a problem
before.  I assume that as the economy is getting worse, they are looking for
pennies in any corner they can find.  By stopping me from selling the disti
at a few dollars, maybe they can sell theirs for a few $20 dollars.  I doubt
that.  But, just a line to let you guys know if you intend to resell this
disti for distribution costs on ebay or yahoo or somewhere else.  Why even
product an ISO if you want people to by your disti.  I guess it is the same
reason why Bill Gates decided now was a good time to use copy protection in
Windows.  Let them pirate until the dependency is there then bill the hell
out of them for future use.

Chris