[ale] speaking of cdrs...

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Nov 1 08:29:23 EST 2001

While were on the subject of cdrs...

I've had a Philips cdr working fine for a while now.  Of lately though,
when I attempt to burn a cd, it locks my box up with a kernel panic.
I'm suspecting maybe the drive's gone bad on me.  Anyone else had any
experiences with a cdr going bad?  Problem is, I've upgraded kernels as
well as dists. since I burned last, so I don't know whether it's a
kernel issue, dists. issue or just plain bad hardware.

Any info on similar experiences would be appreciated.  Or, experiences
with drives going bad that don't have the same (drastic) effect....

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport