[ale] Earthlink DSL

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Wed May 2 17:31:37 EDT 2001

I, too  am a content Earthlink DSL user for about 1 month now.
I use a Linksys 4 port ethernet  DSL/Cable Router, because we
have 3 machines at home and the other users complain when I break
my linux box that was doing the internet routing.

In case you might have wondered, I see the same sort of 'hangs' using
the Linksys.  There is a web page and the fix is to go to the page
and restart the PPPoE daemon (but for all I know, though, it's
running Linux under the hood).

My speed is about 1.2 Mbit*.*  If PPPoE is consuming 20% of my
bandwidth, I don't miss it = and if it allows competition in
offering DSL service, I'm all for it.

-Eric.