[ale] Rotate PS/PDF doc?

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Thu May 31 12:54:03 EDT 2001

Joe -

That worked brilliantly.  Thank you!

- Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Steele [mailto:joe at madewell.com]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 11:13 AM
To: 'Jeff Hubbs'
Cc: ale at ale.org
Subject: RE: [ale] Rotate PS/PDF doc?

One way you could rotate it is with pstops (which is part of
psutils, from ftp://ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk/pub/ajcd/psutils.tar.gz
or via freshmeat.net).

The following would rotate the ps file (assuming it started
out being 8.5" wide):

pstops -w0 -h0 1:0R\(0in,8.5in\) input.ps > rotated.ps

Next, you would need to output the rotated file on a landscape
page while converting it to pdf.  For a 11" W x 8.5" H page:

ps2pdf13 -g7920x6120 rotated.ps

(The units of measure are decipoints, where 720 decipoints = 1 inch)

--Joe