[ale] re: vpn client

Me esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu May 31 09:17:10 EDT 2001

> What software do you use to connect to the VPN?  is it just online, i.e. ssh
> to my server now?

For ipsec connectivity, I unfortunately am using a Windows client.  The
vpn I connect to requires aggressive mode, which is not supported by
freeswan.

For pptp connectivity, I'm using an open source hack of pppd.  If you
want info on it, drop me a line and I'll post info.

Kind of ironic I can connect using open source 'client' via M$ protocol
(pptp), but there's not a ipsec 'client' for Linux that does aggressive
mode.

Geoffrey