[ale] OT JOKE:How to Solve a Problem?

Rod Young development at combiz.net
Tue May 29 14:47:33 EDT 2001

How to Solve a Problem?

There was an engineer, manager, and a programmer driving
down a steep mountain road. The brakes failed and the car
careened down the road out of control. Half way down the
driver managed to stop the car by running it against the
embankment narrowly avoiding careening off the cliff. They
all got out, shaken by their narrow escape from death, but
otherwise unharmed.

The manager said, "To fix this problem we need to organize a
committee, have meetings, and through process of exchanging
ideas, develop a solution."

The engineer said, "No that would take too long, besides
that method never worked before. I have my trusty pen knife
here and will take apart the brake system, isolate the
problem and correct it."

The programmer said, "I think your both wrong! I think we
should all push the car back up the hill and see if it
happens again."