[ale] APC 1000XL [ups] battery replacement options, if any............

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon May 28 16:16:17 EDT 2001

Courtney Thomas wrote:

> Greetings !
>
> Are there battery replacement options [other than APC] for a 1000XL ?
>
> BTW, I'm in Atlanta if there are attractive local options.

My experience is that a battery wholesaler will be able to come up
with a workable replacement unit if you can show them the old one,
and let them know it came out of a UPS. There are surely a number
of such shops in the Atlanta area, though I don't personally know
of one. Check the yellow pages under "batteries". I've replaced a
couple of UPS batteries in this manner without any trouble, and at
significantly lower cost than returning the entire UPS to the
manufacturer. Just open up the unit, write a note to remind yourself
how the batteries are connected, pull them out, and off you go.

-- Joe

> Thanks,
>
> Courtney

-- Joseph A. Knapka
"If I ever get reincarnated... let me make certain I don't come back
 as a paperclip." -- protagonist, H Murakami's "Hard-boiled Wonderland"
// Linux MM Documentation in progress:
// http://home.earthlink.net/~jknapka/linux-mm/vmoutline.html
* Evolution is an "unproven theory" in the same sense that gravity is. *