[ale] ethernet switch doesn't work

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon May 28 08:47:06 EDT 2001

I picked up an auto-sensing 5 port ethernet switch yesterday.  I've
attempted to replace two different hubs on my network, yet it does not
appear to work.  The proper leds light up, indicating the devices are
there and it properly indicates the speed of the various cards, yet when
I try to telnet from one machine to the other, I get a 'no route' error.

In one case, one card is a 100baseT and the other is a 10baseT. In the
other network, it's two 100baseT.  I'd really like to be able to take
advantage of this device.  Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem
might be?

It's a5 port 10/100Mbps autosensing switch by sohoware.  On the box it
says it's Win 95/98/NT/2000, Linux and Mac compatible.  Says it's plug
and play.  Plug it in and go.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein