[ale] Routing

Stephen J. Pellicer spellicer at 8thlayer.net
Thu May 24 23:10:03 EDT 2001

If you are referring to RedHat 7.0 I believe the newer redhat alikes (I know
in RedHat 7.1) the easiest way to stop ip forwarding on bootup is add:
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0
to the file /etc/sysctl.conf
See if that file is on the system. If it is, chances are rc.sysinit calls:
sysctl -e -p /etc/sysctl.conf
to read this file and set kernel parameters.

Hope that helps.

Stephen