[ale] Routing

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Thu May 24 12:48:48 EDT 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Bourque, Phillip C wrote:

>  Ok thanks that did stop the ip_forwarding.  I just install Linux 7.0 and am
> new to the Linux world.  Can you tell me how I can put this in a script to
> turn off ip_forwarding everytime is reboots.

Look for a file somewhere under /etc called rc.local.  In RedHat distos
(you don't say if you are using RedHat, Mandrake, or what, and I missed
the previous messages about forwarding) it is located at
/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc.local.

Edit this file with your choice of editor, and just add the command.  I
recommend (very highly) appending at the end.

> Also who can I get telnet to work to my new linux box?

Telnet is not recomended for security reasons.  I would recommend ssh in
its place.  ssh is more versatile, anyway.

glasher at nycap.rr.com
After 163 days, Verizon still couln't deliver Telocity DSL.