[ale] XF86 on Toshiba Tecra 8100

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Wed May 23 11:34:11 EDT 2001

Make sure you registered your product before sending email for support.  SuSE uses XFree 3.3.6 and
4.0.2, however, the 7.0 version of SuSE may have minor bugs that you should look at their website
for.  I have the 7.1 Professional package which has turned our very well on my Dell Latitude CPt
333MHz laptop.  I opted for the 2.4 kernel and XFree 4.x with no problems on install at all.  The
SaX2 installer for X didn't fail as SaX did on SuSE 6.4 for my laptop.  Came right up with 16bit
color at 1024x768 resolution.  Maybe a solution would be to just upgrade the current install via FTP
to the 7.1 version and try SaX2 again.  Keep us posted on what you try.  Have you looked at the
Linux for Laptops page?  Here is the link:
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

I've gotten a lot of useful tips for the Dell laptop off of there.
Dow