[ale] BellSouth DSL and Windows "Internet Sharing"...

Jeff Dilcher root at hiddenworld.net
Tue May 22 14:17:29 EDT 2001

This is a non linux question, but it relates to that PPPoE...

I was trying to enable an "internet sharing" computer, running
Windows, with a BellSouth connection on one side (Linksys ethernet card
and PPPoE "adapter" showing up under network properties), and
a few PCs within the home connected to the sharing computer
via home network phoneline adapters.

I tried choosing both the "PPPoE" adapter, and, alternately,
the Linksys adapter as the "connection to the internet".
Neither one seemed to allow Internet routing from the home
network.

Anyone had experience with a setup like this and the Bellsouth
PPPoE connection?

Please, no laughing at my choice of Windows as the router.  It
is my brother in law's PC, and, if I had had my way, I would have
fdisked it, and created a Linux router!