[ale] Ramdisk Error on RH 7.1 Install

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Thu May 17 16:36:20 EDT 2001

The message on the screen first says "Loading /mnt/runtime..." then "Loading
/mnt/runtime/ramdisk..."  That's when a new box appears over that one saying
"Error loading ramdisk.  Please restart your computer" or some such.  Trying
from virgin floppies sounds like a good idea, but by the time I get to the
error, the procedure has already started to
read...from...the.......network...wait.......must...check...permissions...of
distribution...files...owner is root...mode...of 733 or less
anywhere...will...DIIIIIIEEEE!

- Jeff