[ale] Mysterious load average

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Wed May 16 06:41:51 EDT 2001

The load average counts processes that are backlogged in the queue, but
doesn't make any accounting for whether they are "light and fluffy" or
involve heavy lifting.  It also doesn't really account, at times, for
processes that are waiting for something (may be IO bound).

glasher at nycap.rr.com
After 163 days, Verizon still couln't deliver Telocity DSL.