[ale] desktops for older machines

Tom Younker twins at atlnet.com
Sun May 13 21:11:28 EDT 2001

Rod Young wrote:
My question is on 16 & 32 meg ram class machines.
Maybe 8 on some of the
486 machines. But most of the machines are p1 or P2 but we only have
one
machine 64 megs or above.
Rod:
I read about this lightweight WM in a British magazine called Linux
Format, and it says flwm "takes the minimalist approach, writ large.
The executable weighs in at a measly 60k, and it provides only the bare
essentials: window frames, buttons, and a single pop-up menu.  It
has none of those superfluous frills, like icons, desktop patterns, themes,
or launcher panels."
 Fast Light Window Mangager
It has a link to the Fast Light lib that it depends on.
Tom