[ale] What were they thinking?

Jim Philips jim.philips at s1.com
Tue May 8 10:28:16 EDT 2001

I have KDE 2.1.1 and didn't try earlier versions, so I can't compare. But it doesn't seem at all slow to me. Here is what I am running:

RedHat 7.0
2.4.0 kernel
128 megs of RAM
256 megs of swap space
Riva TNT video card with 16 megs of RAM
Pentium 333
Western Digital 30 gig HD 5400 rpms

I will confess that I tolerate a certain level of bloat in order to have more eye candy. I ran Enlightenment for a long time for this very reason.