[ale] postfix problem continued

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue May 8 08:22:30 EDT 2001

I'm totally ignorant on this, so bear with me.  If I set the values
you've indicated below, I don't know how it will resolve my problem.
Let me give you the full picture:

The machine these reside on is named tachyon and resides on my private
network, home.edu, therefore it resolves to tachyon.home.edu.

I pulled these email messages from a Microsoft based mailserver.  In
order to access this server I have to be authenticated by another
server.  To do this in fetchmail I pass the user id as:
USERID at AUTHSERVER@MAILSERVER

So, what I've now got is a bunch of email messages postfix doesn't know
what to do with, because they are "To: USERID at AUTHSERVER.home.edu"

What I'm getting is an error message that AUTHSERVER.home.edu can not be
resolved, which I understand.  That's why I attempted to add AUTHSERVER
to my tachyon entry in /etc/hosts, but to no avail.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein