[ale] Ghostscript: pdf2ps

Ben Phillips pynk at angband.org
Mon May 7 15:24:26 EDT 2001

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> I tried to use pdf2ps to translate an ~8.5MB .pdf file into Postscript.
> Imagine my horror when resulting Postscript file was 112MB.

How did a PDF file get to be so large in the first place, unless its size is
upwards of several hundred pages?  My thought is that possibly it was made
incorrectly, with unnecessarily high-resolution images instead of text.
Then pdf2ps could end up magnifying the problem.

I'm just guessing, though.

                      __   _
Ben Phillips         /  '_' )         ,,,
pynk at angband.org     |  | ()|||||||||[:::)    Violence is the answer.