[ale] What were they thinking?

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Sun May 6 15:51:22 EDT 2001

As a recent convert to KDE, I couldn't be more pleased with it. My machine
has 128 megs of ram and a Pentium 333. It doesn't seem slow at all to me and
I was happy to escape the nightmare that is Gnome 1.4. I had been a huge fan
of gnome until recently. But the attempts to add on the bloatware of Nautilus
and Red Carpet they have created compatibility problems that would make most
people throw in the towel.