[ale] UDMA Cdrom/freebsd

David S. Jackson dsj at sylvester.dsj.net
Fri May 4 12:56:18 EDT 2001

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 12:19:50PM -0400 David S. Jackson <dsj at sylvester.dsj.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed a iomagic 56x on my freebsd 4.0 system, and it (the
> cdrom) seems to be grabbing irq 9 for a "usb controller".  The
> only real usb controller I have is on the motherboard.  It's
> never grabbed irq 9 before.

Turns out that another card I added was grabbing irq 11 which the
controller was using before, so it grabbed irq 9 before the NIC
could get it.  Oh well, I removed the new card, which freed irq
11, which subsequently relieved the demand on irq 9.  I guess
I'll have to build a new kernel for the new bt878 card I got
before I plug it in...   :-)

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net