[ale] Compaq partitions on servers

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Fri May 4 12:28:56 EDT 2001

I'm not quite sure what you're saying ("DOS version" of what?).

In order to have BIOS setup capability for that machine (and you almost
certainly want that), you need to have either that Compaq maintenance
partition or the diag/setup floppies.  Weird proprietary partitions on
drives give me the creeps, so I choose to hang onto the floppies.