[ale] Why

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at Ptek.com
Thu May 3 16:36:36 EDT 2001

RedHat can too. just installed several RH-7.1 with old-fashsioned 'text'
mode install. just enter 'text' instead of simply press enter after boot up
with installation media. At installation cluster choice screen, choose
'custom system' then deselect any X thing.
I may not really need X running on the servers. you can just run one
single X program off the remote box then pipe it to your local X display.
	ssh headless at remote.server /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm