[ale] Cracked many Linux systems

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Mar 28 15:32:40 EST 2001

Point noted about not running nfs on the firewall (or actually much of
anything else either). I would prefer to do away _entirely_ with
nfs/portmap at some point in the near future, but since I operate from
three different keyboards, some form of network file system is
desireable. Right now, I know how to run nfs, and I don't know how to run
(or even really of) another such system.

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Wandered Inn wrote:

> Thompson Freeman wrote:
> >
> > Likewise, I would love to remove all the portmap stuff, but I have a need
> > to have the convience of nfs file access. When I find and implement the
> > same, the whole pile goes into history's dustbin.
>
> I would suggest there is no need to have nfs on your primary firewall.
> If you're connected 'all the time' then you really should have a
> separate machine functioning as a firewall.  It's pretty cheap too since
> you can go with an old 486 or something.  I'm using a p75 for mine.
>
> --
> Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
>
> "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds.
> The
> latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to
> hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
> intelligence."
> - Albert Einstein

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
                    Lee Iacocca