[ale] automount woes

Brandon Hall brandon.hall at alumni.duke.edu
Mon Mar 26 00:35:38 EST 2001

I got tired of manually mount/umounting my /cdrom everytime I wanted
to change CDs, so I thought I'd give autofs a shot.  (Using Debian potato)

Mounting works fine.  However, if I want to eject my CD, I must still
manually umount the drive.  Only half the problem solved.

I believe there is an inactivity time limit on each auto-mount...how
do I view/modify this timeout limit?  None of my man pages (autofs
(5,8), automount, auto.master) seem to mention anything about it, but
I see references to it in the HOWTO.

TIA, Brandon

Your palindrome for today: Yaw.  A sleep apnoea.  A eon, Pa, peels away.