[ale] NT workstation permissions w/samba server

Jonathan Rickman infosec at alltel.net
Fri Mar 23 16:27:19 EST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Gary S MacKay wrote:

> This is exactly what the huge Samba Unleashed book said to do. But,
> whenever I add those options to the smb.conf file, samba will load fine,
> but tosses a bunch of errors in the log file that it does not know what
> to do with those statements. I put them in the [global] section of the
> smb.conf file. Did I mess that up somehow?

Not sure. Depends on what version you're running. You may be out of my
depth here. There are 3 other parameters that can be used according to the
man page. You're right about one thing, I put those entries in the global
section of my config file and got the same thing on 2.0.7. Dont have it
handy but if I recal correctly I had this working on 2.0.3.

At one time there was a list member that was involved with the Samba
project. Are you still there???

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security