[ale] The Perl CD Bbookshelf

Perry perryw at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 16 03:53:15 EST 2001

I want to start learning Perl so hit up the archives.  Someone mentioned
Learning Perl last month so I hopped over to Amazon and just searched for
Perl to see what popped up..  Clicked on Learning Perl to see how much they
wanted and what the reviewers had to say.  Then I noticed a link to the
Perl CD Bookshelf.  6 books on CD and the dead tree version of Perl in a
Nutshell.

"The Perl CD Bookshelf contains a powerhouse of O'Reilly Animal Guides.
Included are complete, unabridged versions of Perl in a Nutshell;
Programming Perl, 2nd Edition; Perl Cookbook; Advanced Perl Programming;
Learning Perl; and Learning Perl on Win32 Systems.... "

Anyone have this set?  Is it worth it?  What format are the books in?  Easy
to read in whatever format they're in?  Any other opinions?  They're
selling it for $54, Fatbrain has it for 48,  B&N also has it for 48 (I'd
probably check locally to see if anyone has it, otherwise order from Fatbrain).

-- perry