[ale] Own you own Linux Distribution for a living

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Wed Mar 14 10:08:16 EST 2001

Ever dream about having your own Linux distribution?  Then one of
these two jobs may be for you.  ZapMedia has its own Linux
distribution optimized for our internet appliance, and this
distribution needs a maintainer.  The two people filling these jobs
will get to build and maintain this distribution.  They will also get
to remotely administer this distribution on tens of thousands of
boxes.

First, we (ZapMedia) are looking for a configuration management person
to manage our builds, test suite, source code repository,
installations, etc.  Knowledge of CM is needed, of course, but
Linux/UNIX knowledge is a big plus.

Second, we are looking for a developer experienced with Linux.

In addition to the normal duties of config. mgmt/developing, these two
jobs will involve testing new code (applications and drivers) from
outside the company, and maintaining a Linux distribution.

If interested, please email me at hirsch at zapmedia.com