[ale] WinTV Go cards

David S. Jackson dsj at sylvester.dsj.net
Tue Mar 13 17:57:51 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 02:50:42PM -0500 Fletch <fletch at phydeaux.org> wrote:

>     David> I was just wondering if anyone had tried the WinTV Go card
>     David> from Hauppauge.
>
>         Had one for well over a year now.  Works fine (although I've
> never gotten around to getting my conf.modules setup to modprobe
> everything correctly).  Only real gripe I have about it is that it
> only has a composite input (not S-Video).  But for $50 it was a good
> buy.

That's good news.  Did you have to roll a 2.3.x kernel?  Oh, and
your chipset, was it a BT8x8 variety?

The funny thing about this card is that the WinTV modules says
NTSC 38101 RevB410, copyright 1998, but the video chip doesn't
say BT like I thought it would.  It says

CONEXANT
Fusion 878A
25878-13
CC0219.3
0010 Korea

Is conexant a Korean ripoff of the Brooktree chipset or
something?

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net