[ale] Linux and Mac

Robert Butera rbutera at ece.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 12 23:29:48 EST 2001

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, James Kinney wrote:

> I've been out of the Linux-on-Mac loop for a while, but I'm pretty sure
> that Yellowdog will not run on the performa series. The performa series
> don't have a PowerPC chip. They still use the Motorola 68000(XXX) series.
>
> There is a 68K Linux group, but they are _way_ behind having a
> distribution available.

Debian has a 68K linux distribution.  2.2 and 2.4 kernels are available.

For more info on Linux on 68K Macs, go here:

http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/

Robert Butera, Assistant Professor
Institute for Bioengineering and Biosciences
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 30332-0363 USA
--> http://www.ece.gatech.edu/users/rbutera/