[ale] FW: linuxgruven

Michael Smith MSmith at webtonetech.com
Mon Mar 12 09:15:45 EST 2001

<SPAN
class=524311314-12032001>    What are they actually teaching
these people?  Are they just going through the how to's?  It sounds
like a pretty lucrative scheme for these people but nothing a couple of books
couldn't provide.  Why not just get Redhat certified?

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Chris Fowler
  [mailto:ChrisF at computone.com]Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 8:34
  AMTo: 'ale at ale.org'Subject: [ale] FW:
  linuxgruvenImportance: High
  You guys were talking about Linuxgruven  I'm forwading an
  email I received.
  Chris -----Original
  Message----- From: Harry J Harshaw [<A
  href="mailto:hharshaw at hotmail.com">mailto:hharshaw at hotmail.com]
  Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2001 12:50 AM <FONT
  size=2>To: ChrisF at computone.com Subject:
  linuxgruven Importance: High
  WARNING!! linuxgruven WARNING! by hharshaw <FONT
  size=2> I have been in this class for four weeks and am a Devry student.
  I thought that I could get my foot in the door and work in the IT feild but
  this is a bunch of bull shit!
  They will rob you of 3200 dollars of which I only paid 2500
  back in November. They don't know where you will be working if
  asked.
  They keep secrets from the class when ever we ask questions
  and argue with us that they can't discuss with us where we will be
  working.
  If this isn't enough to convince you I will tell you that two
  weeks into the program the original teacher names Demetri Mouratis was
  replaced by a inexperienced women. Her name is Stephanie. The other teacher is
  Pedro. A spanish dude. Stephanie passed her exam one and a half weeks ago and
  is teaching us with no prfessional background.
  The scam is they tell you that you have a job for 45000 per
  year but you need their certification or comprable SAIR. <FONT
  size=2>Stephanie cant teach in the afternoon. I am fighting to get my money
  back right now. Dont do it they will leave you high and dry and tell you that
  all the message boards under yahoo are full of disgruntal workers. Gee I
  wonder why.
  Type in Yahoo search: linuxgruven
  You will then be led to a bunch of links that discuss this
  matter.  I can be reached at h_harshaw at yahoo.com
  or call me at 770-420-9837 There time is at an end and
  it ends with my last word
  To give you a bit of how much money they are makin off of this
  figure about 15 to 20 students per class at an average of 2500 3900 dollars
  per student. That averages to around 45-50000 dollars per class they hold
  three classes per month everyday for a month.
  Now Three classes are 45000 * 60 students is 135000 dollars
  per month. It is different if they did not offer a job and this was a
  recognozed school but it is not and also their certification is not recognozed
  internationally not nationally. You can only work with in the company of Linux
  gruven.com The SAIR is the one you want that only costs you 100 dollars per
  test. This is normal. This SAIR test is recognized. Call me if you have any
  more questions. All I know is that They have to many secrets and they are
  collecting a whole lot of money for nothing.
  They dont even give you a text book that is recognized. What
  they give you is a self compiled binder of all the stuff that is free over the
  internet anyway.
  They also give to you eight of the most common OS
  distributions of the Linux family. Don't be fooled this is also free and
  downloadable off the internet.
  So you get nothing for your money. Not even a dedicated
  professional experienced professor that is woth at least 45000
  dollars.
  I am not the only person that feels this way the classes
  before me and after me feel the same way they call me up complaining.

  They fucked up getting involved with me.
  MAIL THIS TO ALL YOUR FREINDS <FONT
  size=2>

  Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  target=_blank
  href="http://www.grisoft.com">http://www.grisoft.com). <FONT
  size=2>Version: 6.0.231 / Virus Database: 112 - Release Date: 2/12/01