[ale] modem set-up

Timothy Clark Jr. timothyclarkjr at mediaone.net
Fri Mar 9 22:12:06 EST 2001

Here are my thoughts... hope they help.....someone correct me if i'm wrong

In later bios revs there is a setting for choosing a PNP OS - Switch it to
off or NON.
Also switch the COM2 port in bios to off or disabled ---- I think you're
modem is trying to use it and its resources.

Standard PC Com ports are as follows:

COM1 uses IRQ4 - IO 3F8 this should be your mouse or ttyS00

COM2 uses IRQ3 - IO 2F8 this should be your modem or ttyS01 this is probably
set on the modem already from the sounds of it.

Try setting it like this and then use setserial.

Again, hope this helps.
tim