[ale] .fvwm2rc

Sage morrigu_irm at springmail.com
Thu Mar 8 22:41:11 EST 2001

Hi, all, me again.

Got X to work using XF86Setup (hooray!).

I read about the quirk in fvwm2, where you have to make sure that .fvwm2rc is in $HOME, or in /var/X11R6/something something. the only thing I could find was the system.fvwm2rc, so I put that in my home directory, and copied it to a file called .fvwm2rc, just to be sure. That file is the default configurations, according to the man page.

It seems to work, sort of...the window it starts up in seems to get hung (after an error msg about not finding the rc file in $HOME, checking in /var...etc.), but you can still open other windows. Is this normal? Or did I toast something again?

Thanks for any input.

-Indira