[ale] Upgrade to 2.4.2 kernel procedures

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Mar 8 16:16:28 EST 2001

in /usr/src/linux in the .config file. This holds the make settings. If
you copy that file out BEFORE adding a new kernel source, then copy it
back in (as .config) then run make oldconfig it will run run a make config
with only the new stuff (or unselected stuff) being presented for
selections.

Now, if you _really_ want to get brave, grab the kernel src.rpm and have a
look at the spec file. Once you can grok all of that you can roll your own
kernel rpm and install that way!