[ale] Linux GPS?

Rod Young development at combiz.net
Wed Mar 7 09:28:21 EST 2001

Do a search for aprs programs under linux.
APRS is amature packet radio reporting system. We use it to take GPS data
and display position of mobile ham stations. The technology was used
during the Atlanta Olympics on non-ham bands to co-ordinate the air borne
cameras during the olympic parade. Though I don't don't know if linux
versions were used.
Xastr i believe is one app. Stands for X amature station. The australian
linux ham archive may be a good source as well.