[ale] printer

Marc Vogt mtv at theor.chemistry.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 5 16:13:41 EST 2001

I've got an HP 5M printer that runs off an HPUX server with
jetadmin.  I want to print to that printer from an AIX machine,
but the jobs sit in the AIX queue (state=RUNNING) for forver and never print even though
they print fine from the HPUX server.  Upon further investigation I cannot
telnet into the printer from the AIX machine with or without
specifying port 9100.  Again telnet works fine from the HPUX system.
I cannot find any where where I can allow connections (something like
a hosts.allow file), either on the printer panel, in jetadmin software
or on the HPUX server in the /opt/hpnp directory.
Any ideas?

I apologize that it's not linux but it is $nix and I'm sure some of you
may have similar setups at work.

thanks

Marc