[ale] XFree86 4.1.0 & Xlib questions

Kenneth W Cochran kwc at world.std.com
Sat Jun 30 08:31:59 EDT 2001

Hello...

I'm forwarding some questions about XFree86 4.1.0 & Xlib for a friend.
OS is Slackware 7.1 with kernel 2.4.5
XFree86 4.1.0 installed from binaries (so far, have not
been able to build from source).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-kc

Q1: I have no transparency. Windows that have
non-rectangular form look within rectangle filled by some
color. All this software worked on 3.3.6 server. I compiled
everything for X after X installation. Installed from
binaries for glibc-2.1.x

Q2: How can I add my windows ttf fonts to X11?

Q3: How can I set default encoding for Netscape (buttons on
sites, hints, and so on).

Q4: at console from which I run X I got these messages:

Xlib:  extension "SHAPE" missing on display ":0.0"

I think this might be the reason of transparensy bug.
When I don't see correct shape of window I get this
message on console.