[ale] dual mice under X ?!?!

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Fri Jun 29 18:01:11 EDT 2001

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Christopher Bergeron wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea how to implement dual mice under X?  I've got an
> application that requires both a wireless mouse and a touchscreen panel.
> The touchscreen plugs into the serial port and just acts like a mouse.  The
> mouse plugs into the ps2 port and acts like a mouse.
>
> Has anyone ever seen this done before?!? or heard of how it can be done?

Not this specifically...but I can plug my external mouse into my laptop
with the touchpad still enabled and both work fine. I believe that is
because they are both identified as a generic ps2 mouse and therefore do
not cause a conflict. The first one to receive input is in control until
it stops receiving input. I.E. dragging the cursor slowly across the
screen with the mouse cannot be interrupted by the touchpad...vice versa.

I've become so accustomed to this behavior that I cant really function
without it any more. Websurfin' with the mouse. Text edit with the pad.
Works great...

version 3.6.6

--
Jonathan Rickman