[ale] Java overpowered machine

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Thu Jun 28 11:01:25 EDT 2001

Tommie -

The "notorious for getting hot" thing should be the first line of attack.
As for the second, I'd be wondering about a bollixed file system, possibly
brought about by past or present overheating.    Can you use tomsrtbt or
something to bring the machine up enough to be able to run a fsck on it?

The laptop could have a failed fan or an improperly-attached heatsink.  If
there is a vent hole available to you somewhere, some forced-air cooling
might be in order.

- Jeff