[ale] expect scripting

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Wed Jun 27 17:38:30 EDT 2001

Hi there,

Err, Err, I am getting grumpy about this one. I have a simple expect script
that seems to work but the apache-ssl server never starts...

---------------------------
#!/usr/local/bin/expect -f

spawn /usr/local/apache-ssl/bin/apachectl start
expect "Enter pass phrase:"
send "XXXXXXX\r"
interact
---------------------------

When type /usr/local/apache-ssl/bin/apachectl start
and then type the passphrase there is no problem. Weh I try this script it
runs and everything looks good but then there is no apache porcesses...

Anyone used expect before and have a good idea where I could look? No
errors. Nothing in the apache error log. Err, Err, :)

Thank you
Ken

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!