[ale] Which nic?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Jun 26 15:10:45 EDT 2001

This was the bugger.  I went digging through /proc out of
curiosity after I sent my email.  I've never seen it give
a specific model but it did list the 905b in /proc/pci...
I had to sue the 3c59x driver but I'm up and downloading
packages now....

Thanks all.
  Robert

Thus spake hirsch at zapmedia.com (hirsch at zapmedia.com):

> Robert L. Harris writes:
>  > My work machine just died a horrible death.  I've been given a new box,
>  > a Dell Precision 410 with built in NIC.  I'm sending mail from a box
>  > without X so I can't hit Dell's site and look up the specs.  Lynx+DELL
>  > is also VERY painful.  Does anyone know off the top of their head, or have
>  > 5 mins to look up what driver I need for this box?
>
> Probably a 3Com 905b.  That's what all our Dell's seem to have.  I'm
> not sure if anyone uses that exact model, though.
>
> --
> Michael D. Hirsch, Ph.D.
> Software Developer
> ZapMedia
>
> Phone: 678-420-2722                FAX: 678-420-5839
> email: michael.hirsch at zapmedia.com Web: http://www.zapmedia.com

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: