[ale] Slashdot, Freshmeat, Slashcode, OSDN, Sourceforge

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 19:08:52 EDT 2001

Johnathan,

I've read (on NANOG) that it was due to a bug in some Foundry equipment
which allowed a bad BGP route to propagate (violation of some RFC?).  I
haven't heard about any router failures yet, unless that is what you
meant.

Interesting thoughts churn in my head about achieving software and
hardware fault tolerence by mixing diffent vendors' equipment....

-Jim P.