[ale] Oracle on Linux

Josh Freeman josh.freeman at arch.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 21 08:38:01 EDT 2001

Ram is fine. I should have 392 MB of ram in there. The one time I have
got the installer to run sucessfully, applied all the patches, etc,
dbassist throws an exception if I try to run it, the databse will start
but svrmgrl will throw several errors OR give the message "database
cannot be started in exclusive mode". No other user but internal can
connect. It also appears that the only tools that will run are svrmgrl
or sqlplus.